Red Velvet Muscle Milk Pancakes
Makes one large, single-serving pancake
** If you’re in a rush as we usually are, you can substitute the first 3 ingredients for 1/3 cup of your favorite pancake mix. Bisquick Heart Smart works great! Pamela’s is a great gluten free pancake mix.
1/3 cup of your favorite light-colored flour (gluten free flours can also be used)
1/4 cup egg white
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 scoop Muscle Milk Light Cake Batter (or Muscle Milk Cake Batter. If using this, use 1/2 cup flour and 2 T extra beet juice)
~ 1/2 cup beet juice (available bottled. If you can’t find beet juice, use water and beet powder or red food coloring) – each flour/mix absorbs fluid
different, so add until pancake batter is the correct consistency – thick, but mixable
1) Heat greased skillet on medium heat
2) Combine all ingredients until batter is smooth
3) Pour into heated skillet
4) Once bubbles form and golden brown underneath, flip pancake
5) Cook on other side until golden brown.
6) Serve with butter or cream cheese whipped with agave nectar (these pancakes are too sweet to put syrup on!)